Christian Student Fellowship
CSF exists to help students find their way back to God on the UIS campus. You can help by praying for the staff and the students they hope to reach this winter and spring. Check out the CSF Facebook page (www.facebook.com/uiscsf) to keep up to date and direct your prayers. CFS Staff includes: Samuel & Renee Nassiff, David & Lindsey Lasley, Abigail Way, and Gretchen Magruder. Below are some ways you might help this important ministry in the coming days and weeks. Also visit their website at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Snacks. A group of 20-25 students are gathering each Monday at 8:45 PM. Individually packaged chips, popcorn, sweet snack, candy, or 24 packs of bottled water will be much appreciated. Join in worship if you like.
- Supplies. collapsible cart, reams of paper, blue pens, name tags
- Gift Cards. These are used for prizes and student connections. $10 Door Dash, Walmart, Aldi, Steak N Shake, Starbucks and $25 for Walmart and area restaurants
- Funds. Consider a special financial gift. Attend the annual Spring Fundraising Banquet on April 15th. RSVP by April 8 at https://www.uiscsf.org/
- Prayer. Pray for the students to remain committed to Jesus Christ and connect with small groups. Pray for the current school year and increased opportunities. Read 12 stories of ministry impact at uiscsf.org
- An International Student Dinner took place on March 17.
- 154 new students received follow-ups from CSF Staff and Student Leaders.
- 21 students heard the Gospel through intentional meetings with staff and student leaders.
- 25 Student attended the CSF Fall Retreat.
- Other Ways to Bless: Check out CFS's Amazon wish list: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1QXTH56ZYERZV/ref=hz_ls_biz_ex
Inner City Mission
ICM is all about helping the homeless find lasting stability. They assist in assisting every person in moving from "shattered" to "shalom" by calming the chaos in the lives of the homeless, promoting their potential, and helping them realize the love of Jesus Christ.
To help you can PRAY:
- Mental & physical health of residents and for opening of deeper conversations for sharing the Gospel.
- Request grace and patience for staff as well as the families.
- Donations: ICM is accepting food, toiletries, and cleaning supplies at 720 N. 7th St.
- Pray for 200 Prayer Partners.
- Pray for Luke & Carly Chitwood who serve there.
- Pray for Lakeside's student ministry which is helping provide childcare monthly as parents are receiving training.
Scott & Connie Payne's book, Unlocking a Broken World gives a window into the homeless world and into the lives of the family and people working or volunteering at the Mission. The book now available. Contact the mission at innercitymission.net You can also read a multi-part article series on homelessness at: innercitymission.net/articles
Inner City Mission staff asks for your PRAYER on their behalf as they seek wisdom and direction in developing a 10-year expansion plan for the mission.
Lakesiders Luke & Carly Chitwood welcomed new baby ,Eliza Jane, on March 12.
Plans are being made for an ICM prayer conference at Lakeside this summer.
Visit Myanmar Hope Christian Mission on their Facebook page and their website at myanmarhope.org to view pictures and hear all the ways our brothers and sisters in Christ were blessed with your generosity in their time of need. Several times Lakeside has sent gifts to help with food, necessities, and some construction of churches and ministry spaces during the political upheaval faced by this ministry and many churches in the region. Pray for Palal and Kikim and all the national ministers who are serving in difficult times and for God's blessings on the many ministry initiatives they are establishing. May their faith increase and may God's Kingdom expand!
Political Situation Update: View the My Hope website for the newsletter with a brief history of government/military interactions and how the recent changes are affecting the Myanmar people.
- for godly wisdom for Palal and Kikim as they navigate mission priorities in unsettled circumstances
- for the Christian leaders facing difficult challenges in various churches and programs
- for how to operate schools safely and faithfully in the coming school year
- for continued resourcing of rice for those without work and hungry
Myanmar Hope Initiatives:
- Building is in progress for the new church building in Maingdaungphai.
- The Boarding School for 6-12 grades hopes to have 50 students for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Plans are being made and funds saved to build Hope Theological Seminary for educating young pastors and teachers.
- Representatives from 21 villages gathered for a one day Bible training.
- A three day Bible Camp was held at Wetinpauk Christian Church where 25 Christian and 25 Buddhist refugees listened eagerly to the Good News preaching.
- Palal continues to mentor and encourage pastors and those in refugee camps.
- At the refugee camp 14 people were baptized in September. The refugee camp families are mostly Buddhist.
- Tamu celebrated the completion of the Christian preschool/educational building and are holding classes. Pray for God’s protection over the little ones and their families as this is a delicate situation with the continued fighting.
- Additional students have returned to HBS to continue their education!
- Aid distribution continues in northern Myanmar to widows, orphans, blind, disabled, elderly, & pastors.
- New Kanaan Christian Church has a new church building thanks to assistance Lakeside sent for materials.
- Lakeside gives $453 monthly to the Myanmar Hope general fund, $240 to help support four pastors, and $50 for one student sponsorship for a total of $743 per month.
If you are interested in receiving periodic updates on the ministry with photos and details, contact email@example.com Don't miss all the photos and stories on the Myanmar Hope Christian Mission Facebook page!
Lake Springfield Christian Assembly
Lake Springfield Christian Assembly is wrapping up their retreat hosting season while they prepare for summer 2023 camping season. This year's summer camps will met around the theme of "Who Am I"? The focus will be on who the Bible says they are, as they find their identity in Christ.
- Pray for the camp with Prayer Points at lscacamp.org/pray
- Pray for the gathering of summer staff and Discovery Camp Director
- Pray for students and parents considering a week of camp.
- Pray for funds for a replacement roof on the "steel tent" at $24,000
- Pray for funds to cover escalating costs for food and utilities
- Pray for the filling of open positions of Part time Maintenance Assistant, Discovery Camp Director, and the 2023 Summer Staff. see LSCAcamp.org
- Lakesider volunteers Lola Garrison, Norm Smith ,and George Ware spent the summer of 2022 keeping the grass mowed and the camp beautiful for ministry.
- Brad Owen serves on the Executive Board at LSCA.
- Serve at LSCA. Find many opportunities at lscacamp.org/serve
- Plan to serve with your family or small group during Spring Service Days (April 22, May 13).
Thank you to each of the many Lakesiders who’ve helped at camp. Praise the Lord for all the campers who had the opportunity to become more like Christ, to learn how to lead in Christ-like ways, to develop Christian friendships and to simply have fun!
Taking Christ to the Millions International
Would you like to know how to pray for TCM's efforts to equip men and women from 45+ nations for ministry? Visit www.tcmi.org/pray.
- Lakesider Kristen Spilman is served at Haus Edelweiss in Vienna this spring.
- April classes will be in session in five sites around the world.
- Send Fred Hanson, long time professor at TCM, an email thanking him for his service over many past years at Fred.firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are 1,500 students registered and working toward Masters of Arts or Masters of Divinity degrees as they work to become effective kingdom leaders in their churches, cultures and countries.
- Also pray for the international student, Erion of Albania, who's schooling is supported by Lakeside. Pray that his example and testimony will touch many in his ministry location.
- Visit vimeo.com/showcase/tcm to view some short videos detailing the ministry of TCM.
- Pray for Jozef as he shares Christian love between Romanians and Hungarians.
- Pray for Sergei who began a YouTube channel called Voice of the Church as he shares about morality, justice and truth with the Belarusian people.
- TCMI is increasing to 155 the courses offered in Austria, Training Centers around the world, and online.
- Pray for TCMI's hopes and efforts to renew the Higher Learning Commission accreditation for ten more years.
- Pray for professors and students and all those who come to know Jesus through their efforts.
- Pray for the students who are serving Afghan refugees with food, supplies, and Christ's love.
- TCMI became the officially designated seminary for Polish Christians in September of 2022.
- Even through the war, classes continue in Hungary, Albania, Bulgaria, Russia, Moldova, Central Asia, Turkey, Kenya, Czechia, Indy, and Phoenix.
In addition to all that is happening through TCMI regarding the war in Europe and aiding refuges, they continue to provide teaching for more than 2,500 students from nearly 50 countries. The ministry has been working through past and current students help refugees with emergency supplies and transportation. Refugees are also finding shelter and help as they passing through Haus Edelweiss in Heiligenkreuz, Austria. Please PRAY for God’s guidance of the professors as well as for the students to receive and apply what they learn! Gifts for the Ukraine Relief Fund may be made online at www.tcmi.org/give. Utilize the dropdown arrow for designating your gift to the Ukraine Relief. Additionally, The TCMI 2022 Report in short videos at vimeo.com/showcase give excellent information! To learn more go to: www.tcmi.org/ukraine